Online Conference: Hate Speech, Digital Discrimination, and the Internet of Platforms
Friday 26 March 2021, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm GMT, online
GenIUS, Italy’s journal of gender, sexuality, and law, has organised the annual conference of the journal, this year dedicated to “Hate Speech, Digital Discrimination, and the Internet of Platforms.”
The conference will be take place on Friday 26th March 2021 at 1-5pm and will be hosted on Teams Live.
- Prof. Kaori Ishii, Professor, Faculty of Global Informatics, Chuo University (Japan): The Japanese legal approach to hate crimes on platforms
- Prof. Enrico Camilleri, Chair of Private Law, Università degli Studi di Palermo (Italy): Hate speech and social network: duty of care and liability
- Dr Kim Barker, Senior Lecturer in Law, Open University (England) – former Stirling Law School: Online Misogyny as a Hate Crime: An Obstacle to Equality?
- Prof. Luciana Goisis, Associate Professor of Criminal Law, Università degli Studi di Sassari (Italy): Hate Crimes, Social Media and Criminal Law: Reflections on the Recent Italian Legislative Proposal Against Incitement to Discrimination and Hate
- Prof. Ann Bartow, Professor of Law, University of New Hampshire (United States): Online Sex Trafficking
- Prof. Giovanni Ziccardi, Associate Professor of Legal Informatics, Università degli Studi di Milano (Italy): Algorithms that hate
- Prof. Alexandre de Streel, Professor of EU Law all’Université de Namur and Director of the Centre de recherche information, droit et société (Belgium): Towards a better EU law for the moderation of illegal and harmful online content
- Spokesperson of the Council of Europe (tbc), Strasbourg (France).
To register, email Associate Professor Noto La Diega at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more information here: https://legalscholars.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=47624183ad52dd8428c97d3f6&id=cdb83b6e4a&e=48b033dd62